O’Hare to DeGaulles
I’ve been sitting in O’Hare airport ALL. DAY. LONG. Literally. I got here at 11 am and I’m waiting for my flight to leave at 6:20. I still have a long ways to go. Having to sit here and just wait wait wait for seven hours is killing me. I’m really anxious. I don’t know, it’s weird.
I’ve been meaning to write in this the past few days but I’ve been so extremely busy trying to get everything finalized for today. That, and I’ve been kind of numb to the whole idea, meaning I haven’t really been thinking about or dwelling on the fact that I’m leaving today to go across the world, and I won’t be home for five whole months. If you know me, you know I’m a very family-oriented person, so this is the longest and by far the farthest I’ve ever gone without seeing my family. Moving away to school was one of the most difficult things I’ve ever done, but after I did it I adjusted well and I’m used to it now. It was really hard to leave this morning, mostly because my little brothers were really sad to see me go. They don’t understand the meaning behind this experience and how important it is to me. They just think I’m leaving them for five months, and I’ve been a huge part of their lives since they were born. Also, we haven’t really talked about it at all, because I think everyone else, like me, has been ignoring their feelings about it, too.
But like I told them, it’s not like I’m leaving forever. I’m not moving away. I’m just taking a five-month vacation! Haha. After I get all this transportation stuff done I’m going to be so much more relaxed, and proud of myself. I’ve only flown a couple times in my life, and I’ve never flown by myself. Today my mom dropped me off in Detroit and from there on out I’ve been on my own. I feel like such a big girl, haha.
Anyways, I’m really excited about this experience (like I’ve said like ten million times in the past) and I’m going to be on here as much as I can writing about it, even though nobody probably reads this anyways. Haha. I can’t wait to meet new and interesting people! And cute French boys!
I hope I can sleep on the plane tonight, even though I know I won’t be able to.
One last thing…
Reasons Why 2009 Is Going To Be An Awesome Year
- I will be in France for almost the first half of the year, and travel to other parts of Europe as well
- Barack Obama will be sworn into office!
- When I get home in June it will be the start of the most exciting summer yet, even better than last. I’ll probably go to Canada all the time to go out since I’ll experience the greatness of being legal while I’m in Europe. Which brings me to my next point…
- I turn 21 in September
- I (if all goes as planned) will be graduating school next December
- I plan to travel this summer (I’m going to California for real this time)
- My family might go to Vegas next fall, especially if I have anything to say about it
- I will be (hopefully) completely fluent in French
- I have a bunch of New Year’s Resolutions (I actually made some for a change) that I plan on keeping!
So there’s that. Any other reasons why 2009 is going to be amazing?? Tell me!
If you’re reading this, you’re awesome. Keep checking back to see all the sweet things I’m doing in France :) Oh, and you can leave comments on here without having an account. And if you have a tumblr account, add me!
I think that’s it. God, I’m bored. I still have about two hours before I can even board the plane. A bientôt !